(Including, but not limited to the following areas. Availability based on region and may vary each semester)
- Ad Sales: Generates a significant amount of revenue for the company by selling air time. The department consists of the following groups: Advertising Sales Planning, Audience Research and Traffic.
- BET: The Original Programming department at BET (Black Entertainment Television) is a newly formed team charged with the task of creating original television series for the Urban demographic. Ultimately, the Development department is part of a larger network strategy designed to reinvigorate the 25 year old network with other new departments to include, Digital content, Home Video and International programming.
- Business Development: Identifies new businesses, such as feature films, recreation, publishing and interactive products, that a network may consider for future expansion.
- Business and Legal Affairs (to apply to this area, see our legal application): Handles business and legal affairs matters across various Viacom networks. Areas include, but are not limited to: digital business, employment law, music rights, etc.
- Communications: Interfaces with all the network departments, serves as the media center for each network and acts as the liaison between the press and a network.
Oversees the development of all the TV shows from pitch the air.
- TV & Series Development: Searches for new talent, treatments, and concepts that can be molded and shaped into cutting edge programming.
- Unscripted: Responsible for overseeing the creative of series currently airing, as well as any pilots or presentations in the development stage. In addition, the department also focuses on the creation and development of original concepts, generated internally.
- Scripted: Responsible for finding new content to develop into both half-hour and digital projects, as well as overseeing the projects that we currently have on air.
- Digital Media/Online Production: Responsible for the digital presence of our shows. Helps build web, mobile, and social experiences that will promote our shows, build buzz around new season launches, and engage fans in the digital space.
- Events: Handles small and large non-televised events, like parties, dinners, conferences and trade shows.
- Human Resources: Partners with management in negotiations and handles employee relations within a channel. HR handles recruitment and staffing, compensation, benefits and HR systems administration.
Music & Talent:
books and covers musical talent for various award shows, guest-starring roles and voice over roles for our various platforms. Works on original episodic music and theme songs for the shows.
- Licensing: Main goal is to negotiate costs and secure rights for music and other media used in programming. They research and review copyright ownership information, draft and prepare music licensing contracts for execution and analyze programming rights information for internal and external clients.
- Planning and Design: CORE Services manages real estate strategy, short/long-term space planning, design, construction, as well as furniture selection, purchasing, moves and renovations. Our staff oversees all facility day to day activities such as mail, pantries, maintenance, repairs, security, and building operations
- Production: Log/transcribe footage, dub media, do production runs, research/brainstorm, and attend field and studio shoots/edits when available.
- Production Management: Handles the business or operational side to production. Responsible for logistical or event planning for the production teams.
- Tape Library: Provides digital material and other assets for productions both in the U.S. and abroad, work with networks/channels within the company.
- Research: Uses focus groups, surveys and other tools to provide qualitative and quantitative support in order to develop an understanding of each network's target audience.
- Social Media Marketing: Manages official brand presence across all social platforms. We like to think of ourselves as pop culture creators. We create organic & compelling content, & engage directly with our fans in the social space. Our social platforms include Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, Vine, Tumblr, YouTube & Pinterest.
- Talent & Casting: Oversees the casting, scouting, and booking of talent for a channel's on-air and off-air projects. Serve as the liaison between talent and various internal departments and works to maintain and foster the network's synergistic relationship with our talent.